Holiday meals call for a festive table but Passover has special requirements. Here is the "recipe:"
- Three matzot (often placed under the Seder tray) -- why three?
- A Seder tray displaying the Passover food symbols (placed at the head of the table)
- A decorative goblet, known as Elijah's Cup
- Several saucers of salt water
- A wine glass at each person's table setting and a decanter of wine at the table.
- A Passover Haggadah by each setting
- A reclining pillow (for at least the leader of the service and in some homes, for each participant)
How you decorate the tabletop is up to you. Here, you can see my family's "desert theme:"
We've also had great fun enlarging my Matzot Photographs as placemats and countertops.